4-H Youth Programs
Extension 4-H Staff in Bay County
4-H Youth Program
4-H Youth Program
4-H works with young people throughout Bay County helping them become self-directing, productive, and contributing members of society. Educational programs are provided by trained, dedicated adult volunteers interacting with young in a community setting.
4-H clubs, community service, environmental programs, community youth development, citizenship programs, leadership training, and school programs connect Bay County youth with the wider world through Michigan State University and the national and international programs it supports.
Hot Topics for 4-H Youth Programs in Bay County
- 4-H Cookbooks– Bay County 4-H Advisory Council is selling 4-H cookbooks for $10 each. The proceeds from the sales benefit the Bay County 4-H Youth Program. The cookbook is made up of 300 recipes from 4-H members, leaders, volunteers and alumni. For more details click here.
- Bay County Fair and Youth Exposition– The Bay County Fair and Youth Exposition will take place from Monday, August 4, through Friday, August 8, 2015. 4-H youth will showcase their hard work from this program year. Come out and show your support of the great work our youth do. More details will be available soon. Visit the Bay County Fair Website at www.baycountyfair.com
- Livestock Association – Don’t forget that Livestock Association meets the 3rd Thursday of every month, at 6:00 p.m. at the Canteen Building. All youth showing an animal at the Bay County Fair must attend at least three meetings and participate in at least three community service activities.
- Bay County 4-H on FaceBook! As Bay County 4-H tries to find faster and better ways to communicate and advertise our 4-H program, we felt it is time to get on FaceBook. Please search for Bay County 4-H on FaceBook and become a fan.
- Bay County 4-H Website: you can return to this page at any time by accessing http://www.baycounty-mi.gov/MSUE/4-H.
Councils and Associations
The Clover Chatter email newsletter is published 12 times annually. Sign-up below to receive the latest updates about Bay County 4-H. Click on the Bay County 4-H Newsletter Archive box to see past 4-H newsletters.
Bulletins and Form Downloads
Frequently Asked Questions
What do the four “H’s” stand for?
Don’t I have to be involved with farming to enroll my child in 4-H?
How old must by child be to participate in 4-H?
What does it cost to be enrolled in 4-H?
When must my child be enrolled in 4-H to show at the Fair?
How long is my enrollment good?
Can I start my own 4-H club?
How does my child get to sell an animal at the 4-H Livestock Auction?
Note that each of these links opens in a new browser window.